Another busy and successful year for Abingdon Concert Band draws to a close!
After our regional success in Cheltenham last year, we went on to be awarded gold again at the National Concert Band Festival at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester in April. This was followed by a summer of great fun engagements at Abingdon Airshow, Henley Mill Meadows and Forbury Gardens in Reading. But, never fear! There is still plenty of time for musical merriment!
Our next concert, A Christmas Overture, is on Saturday 14th December at 4pm, in St Michael and All Angels’ church in Abingdon – our favourite Christmas venue! You can buy tickets in advance here, or on the door from 3.30pm on the day. We’re looking forward to sharing a varied programme with you, including long-standing favourites like The Lion King and Fairytale of New York alongside more recent additions to our library, like our Christmas medley with a twist; Minor Alterations, not to mention other new pieces we hope you will enjoy.
If you can’t make it to the concert (or even if you can!), why not come along and enjoy a carol or two, to add some seasonal cheer to your shopping! Find us on:
- Saturday 30th November, 11.00-12.30 at the Abingdon Christmas Extravaganza
- Sunday 1st December, 11.00-15.00 at Millets Farm near Abingdon
- Saturday 7th December, 11.30-15.30 at Waitrose, Botley Rd
- Sunday 8th December, 11.30-15.00 at Sainsbury’s, Heyford Hill
- 15th December, 11.30-15.30 at Waitrose, Botley Rd.
- Thursday 19th December, 19.00-20.00 at Sainsbury’s, Heyford Hill
- Saturday 21st December, 11.00-14.00 at M&S, Didcot
- Saturday 21st December, 17.00-18.00 at The Plum Pudding, Milton
- Sunday 22nd December, 11.00-14.00 at Millets Farm
As the band continues to celebrate its musical journey, we are also looking forward to our Spring concert on 4th April, with the theme of Windows on the World. Come back soon for more details.
Seasons greetings and a very happy new year!